This was a favorite of ours from The Flat Belly Diet cookbook, however I did take the liberty of making some of my own changes. I added in some chopped up sundried tomato, and omitted the basil. I also cooked the fish in the sous vide instead of pan roasting. I find either sous vide or oven roasting easier than pan roasting, especially with a thicker piece of fish.
Here is the recipe as it appears in the book:
- 20 pitted large black olives, chopped
- 20 pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 roasted pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 5 tsp olive oil
- 4 halibut fillets (6 oz each)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Combine the olives, roasted pepper, onion, basil, vinegar, and 3 tsp of olive oil in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the fish with the salt and pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve each piece of fish topped with 1/4 of the olive mixture.