Nothing in my arsenal was floating my boat yesterday, so I decided to make something up. We’re on chicken overload, and are trying to cut down on red meat during the week, so the logical choice was pork.
You can cook these any way you want, but I chose to do them in the Sous Vide. (more on that later!) My focus here was the sauce. I didn’t want to serve the chops with plain old apple sauce, that would just be boring! Here’s what I did:
- 1 cup of apple sauce with no added sugar
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp grated ginger root (the fresh stuff is the best, but most of the time I use the pre-grated stuff that comes in a tube)
- 4 strips of bacon
WHAT TO DO:
- Cut up your bacon strips into small pieces, then fry them up to make bacon bits.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and dispose of most of the grease.
- Mix together the apple sauce, coconut aminos, ginger root, and bacon bits
- Salt to taste.
- Pour the mixture in the hot pan used for the bacon and simmer on medium to low heat until it reduces slightly and starts to brown.
That’s it! Top your chops with the sauce and serve with your side dishes of choice.